Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Fabrication

SFT Search:   

Old 01-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Auction Addict

Default Bishman Tire Changer Rebuild

Thanks to digr, I now have a rebuilt arm on my Bishman Tire machine. The 7/8" square bar was beat up and twisted. Now i have a straight shaft that allows the bead tool to slide easily.

#1 Both bars.
#2 The new bar with the bevel and a 7/16" x 1/2" deep hole for the spring.
#3 The bar installed with the spring depresssed to show the deflection.
#4 Without the deflection.
#5 The 1/8" roll pin to stop the bead tool from sliding off the bar.

Now I only hope that the twist was not a design improvement that I have eliminated by putting in a straight bar. Guess Ill find out when I use it next. I can always heat and put the twist back in if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0893.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	86013   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0897.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	86014   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0900.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	86015   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0901.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	86016   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0892.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	86017  

We are losing sight of civility in government and politics. Debate and dialogue is taking a back seat to the politics of destruction and anger and control. Dogma has replaced thoughtful discussion between people of differing views.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:18 PM
The Real Deal

Good, I am glad that it worked out OK. I take it that you believe that the bar should be straight? And I didn't know about the spring on mine, I will have to take a look.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by digr View Post
Good, I am glad that it worked out OK. I take it that you believe that the bar should be straight? And I didn't know about the spring on mine, I will have to take a look.
Not sure if straight is the right way but I will know after I use it next. The spring was a surprise to me when I took it apart. Not sure what it does but I will watch it next time I use it.

We are losing sight of civility in government and politics. Debate and dialogue is taking a back seat to the politics of destruction and anger and control. Dogma has replaced thoughtful discussion between people of differing views.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Elite Member

Chris, I like the roll pin idea. Might have to throw mine on the drill press. Did you drill a blind hole or the whole way through? I was also surprised about the spring. I will have to check mine to see if mine has one. Even with the twist in mine, it works well. Had a buddy stop by yesterday and asked of he could get a tire swapped on his truck. I said why not. This thing works well on aluminum wheels too. We wound up doing it in the middle of a 10 minute snow squall. Of course we still only have an inch or so of snow on the ground. You going to do anything else on your's?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper Greg View Post
Chris, I like the roll pin idea. Might have to throw mine on the drill press. Did you drill a blind hole or the whole way through? I was also surprised about the spring. I will have to check mine to see if mine has one. Even with the twist in mine, it works well. Had a buddy stop by yesterday and asked of he could get a tire swapped on his truck. I said why not. This thing works well on aluminum wheels too. We wound up doing it in the middle of a 10 minute snow squall. Of course we still only have an inch or so of snow on the ground. You going to do anything else on your's?
I drilled the hole clear through and used a 1/8" x 1" roll pin tapped in flush on one side. The motor is a 1/4 hp and I think I iwll swap it out for a 1/3 hp this summer.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:02 AM

I have a bishman tire machine I'm missing the arm for. Does anyone know where I can find parts for it?
Old 01-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Elite Member

Welcome to the forum Odis. Not sure if anything is available for these old things. Might have to build one. And if you do, post a build thread.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:09 PM
Auction Addict

Like Greg says, there is not much chance of finding parts on suck an old machine. You will probably have to make one.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Master Procrastinator

Now and then there are new & used parts for sale on Ebay....just go to ebay and do a search for "bishman tire machine" and see what you can find.

Pray like everything depends on God, and work like everything depends on you.