Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 12-05-2020, 01:03 AM
Lord of the Minions

Default New tool, 05 artic cat 650cc

Due to a new type of income over the last few years, rolling out and buying needed but oft times hard to justify, larger more expensive tools.

Buying another item with an engine, while I drink a cup of coffee, has me thinking "I've got enough shit with engines as it is."

That said, a friend needs his Artic Cat to be shown some love and sweat to get the thing back like new.

I offered my services, retirement style, and said 10 an hour plus parts and his roading to get said parts.

He agreed and asked me if I'd like to have a different color, but identical 05 machine etc. went and had a look and gladly said that I'd fix his in exchange for the odd colored one. He agreed.

Of course he's footing the bill for parts and scavenging his self for me to get his perking.

Sooooo, any of our membership run Artic Cat machines, offering any and all advice and/or direction etc would gladly be read and probably discarded. lol

jef

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
Old 12-05-2020, 06:18 AM
Made From Scratch

No experience with the brand, but is this a quad? Or are you taking up pond skimming down there on snow machines?
Old 12-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Auction Addict

I too have not worked on a snow machine. I see another trailer build in the future for a road trip to find some snow????

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:11 PM
I can dig it

It’s a 4x4 atv. Arctic cat got into the game for a few years. Some I believe were using Suzuki engines.

Don’t know a lot more about them then that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2020, 08:11 PM
Lord of the Minions

Sorry, a quad. As i've never even road a show machine, I tend to not speak in those terms. lol

I do think this one has the 2cyl, 4 stroke Suzy, which will allow the use of my factory tooling with the chance I don't have to modify. This will help

Never owned a 4x4, and hope I can use it around the place. Hopefully it's not too hard to mount and dismount the thing.

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
Old 12-05-2020, 10:21 PM
I can dig it

Jef, if you’re just puttering about, sit ‘side saddle’ both legs on the right. The foot pedal there is the rear brake, along with both fromt and rear hand brake levers.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywynd View Post
Jef, if you’re just puttering about, sit ‘side saddle’ both legs on the right. The foot pedal there is the rear brake, along with both fromt and rear hand brake levers.

I ride that way 1/2 the time.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.