Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 05-13-2021, 10:16 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash View Post
I think it's a might far between charging stations up your way
A new motel was built 2 years ago and it has charging stations. I did see one car there last year.

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!

B biggest
I idot
D democrats
E ever
N nominated
Old 09-14-2021, 11:36 AM
Made From Scratch

The JD 5075E continues to be a turd. I went over on a friday afternoon to bush hog the pastures. The regen light was on when I got there. No idea how long at had been on, the people who use it everyday don't care or pay attention.

So I figured it should be able to clean itself out while I was mowing since it had done that the one time I was dragging the arenas...big fucking NOPE on that. 3.5 hrs of pulling a 6ft bush hog and the light was still one when I quit.

I went back the following monday and I don't know what they'd done with it over the weekend but now you couldn't even run it. 30 seconds after startup it had an alarm going off and a big red stop sign lit up on the dash.

I ran a parked regen. It took 2 hours and 45 minutes sitting in park and running at 1800 rpm before it idled down and acted like I could use it.

I ran the loader for 20 min and the light for regen came back on. So I parked it and let it do another parked regen. This one took 45 minutes.

This week the tractor has been fine, but who the fuck wants to own a tractor that has to sit and regen for 4 hours every month?
Old 09-14-2021, 12:14 PM
Chairman of the Headboard

Location: Northwest Illinois,.. the land of Fat Greasy Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shade View Post
The JD 5075E continues to be a turd.

but who the fuck wants to own a tractor that has to sit and regen for 4 hours every month?
I used to own a compact deere, it was around a 2000 model year, built by yanmar, and painted green. I bought it very used and abused with 3500hrs of slip seat non English speaking golf course construction laborers kinda of used. It was " CHEAP ! ".

While Ive NEVER been a fan of anything deere, that little 790 4x4, was easily the best built best running thing Ive ever owned. Ive owned ALLOT of shit... says little about deere allot about Yanmar. I doubt I will ever own a fully emission-ed tractor, after stories like this.

If the new Kubota L2501 I bought had emissions Id have passed, and have paid premium for used.

Same reason I never plan to sell my 2001 Ford PSD.. or buyer a newer gas pickup, shits gotten out of hand.

Last edited by Windy_Acres; 09-14-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:42 PM
Do I have a life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shade View Post
This week the tractor has been fine, but who the fuck wants to own a tractor that has to sit and regen for 4 hours every month?
I'm going to play ignorant here but what is the fuel consumption when it is in regen? And what kind of emissions is it putting out during?

Are there trucker's lots across the country with thousands of trucks doing the regen dance while they get 0mpg? I'm genuinely curious about this. There is a "long-term" lot around the corner from my shop--if I see a trucker out, maybe I'll ask him what he thinks.

Here in polluted FL with lax (ie: none) emission inspections, none of the "Carolina Squat" numbnuts care about having a catalyst or any of the other "clean air" devices. Cat buyers do a brisk business here between trucks and cars...

TA Arcmaster 185 w/tig/stick kit
MillerMatic 252 w/3rd gen 30A
MM140 w/o AS, w/CO2
Hobart (Miller) 625 plasma
Hobart 250ci plasma
Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
HF 80 lunchbox w/tig
45ACP Black Talons for those stubborn jobs...
Old 09-14-2021, 10:07 PM
Made From Scratch

I had to go find another can of fuel to put in it while it did the long regen because I was afraid it was going to run out. I don't run it often enough to have a gallons per hour figure on it but I will say it is not the most fuel efficient tractor I deal with.

I always thought the older JD tractors were good, and the few new JD's I've run that are much larger seem to be ok, but I don't see myself ever wanting to own a 5E or any E series JD. The visibility is terrible for the loader, the hydraulics are painfully slow, and the transmission shifters are sloppy and hard to use quickly on both the range selector and the gear selector.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:41 PM
Made From Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccutter View Post
I'm going to play ignorant here but what is the fuel consumption when it is in regen? And what kind of emissions is it putting out during?

Are there trucker's lots across the country with thousands of trucks doing the regen dance while they get 0mpg? I'm genuinely curious about this. There is a "long-term" lot around the corner from my shop--if I see a trucker out, maybe I'll ask him what he thinks.

Here in polluted FL with lax (ie: none) emission inspections, none of the "Carolina Squat" numbnuts care about having a catalyst or any of the other "clean air" devices. Cat buyers do a brisk business here between trucks and cars...
On the truck side of things, I can tell you 2 things...

1. They are not supposed to regen while parked unless something is wrong. My ford cab and chassis F350 has the full suit of emissions shit on it and it only regens when you are driving steadily, the engine oil is above 195 degrees (by my aftermarket gauge) and the filter is over 90 percent full (also by my edge insight gauge). What is really annoying is when I finish an hour long drive with the horse trailer at 89 percent on the filter and then the mother fucker wants to start a regen when I only need to drive 3 miles the next time I start it.

2. The dashboard on my truck has a mileage readout that gives me instant, or average. When I am driving around empty it averages 14-16 mpg most of the time. Occasionally the instant readout will show over 20 when I am coasting along on an easy stretch of road but the average NEVER goes anywhere close to that. With the horse trailer loaded clear full (5 horses, lots of tack, lots of feed etc, ) I average around 10.2 MPG. When the unloaded truck is in regen the instant mileage readout shows 8mpg...

Somebody somewhere may be able to build one of these trucks that is reliable, but so far most of them aren't, and they are not nearly as efficient as their older counterparts. I think a big part of the problem is the way they dumb the shit down and try to make you not know it is there. I had to buy an aftermarket gauge to be able to see when my truck started regen and when it finished. The factory gauge gives you a 1 second pop up message over the odometer when it starts and never gives any other indication. If you don't happen to be looking down when it flashes, you don't know it started. Without spending a couple hundred bucks there is no way to keep from short cycling the thing to death, unless you are some kind of long haul trucker that never leaves the highway.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:16 PM
Grumpy Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy_Acres View Post
I used to own a compact deere, it was around a 2000 model year, built by yanmar, and painted green. I bought it very used and abused with 3500hrs of slip seat non English speaking golf course construction laborers kinda of used. It was " CHEAP ! ".

While Ive NEVER been a fan of anything deere, that little 790 4x4, was easily the best built best running thing Ive ever owned. Ive owned ALLOT of shit... says little about deere allot about Yanmar. I doubt I will ever own a fully emission-ed tractor, after stories like this.

If the new Kubota L2501 I bought had emissions Id have passed, and have paid premium for used.

Same reason I never plan to sell my 2001 Ford PSD.. or buyer a newer gas pickup, shits gotten out of hand.
My New Holland Blue painted Shibaura has been a pretty damn good tractor,
built in 2007 it is pre-emissions. I will agree with Bill I will have my 2000
7.3L for a long time too.

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley
Old 09-16-2021, 08:04 PM
Kibble King

Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord

No complaints on my 2018 6.7 Cummins. Still emissions intact. Thought about getting rid of the smog stuff right before the EPA started cracking down.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:16 PM

the problem with emissions systems is the idiots that design the computers, how about a plug percentage guage on the filter so that a knowledgeable operator could do a regen when the operator decides not when the computer decides, All of this shit is designed not to work.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:12 PM
Banned

I'm thinking the qty (2) deetroit 6-71's I own might be worth something.....