Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Fabrication

SFT Search:   

Old 08-30-2005, 01:00 AM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGuy
Oh and BTW I'll buy all the beer ya can drink to sweeten the deal...lol.

The I wanna know how its done right up and coming welder,
Rod
Rod, seems to me Chris has the beer supply logistics worked out.
Think red shirts, man - starched red shirts & deal him cards he doesn't already hold. Besides that, there's no telling how far this hurricane damage is going to drive up the price of beer.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 08-30-2005, 05:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to NavyGuy
Default b_footn...Have I gotta deal fer you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter
Rod, seems to me Chris has the beer supply logistics worked out. Think red shirts, man - starched red shirts & deal him cards he doesn't already hold.
CHRIS.....ok..I'll sweeten the deal...i'll grind yer welds fer a week free of charge, buy all the beer ya can drink, and you'll also recieve one of these brand new, freshly starched.......

It's what all the FAST pro welders are wearin these days....

It's yer call,
Rod

"Failure is NOT an option"

"If you do not want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!"
Old 08-30-2005, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-footn
I've been doing this a long time. I can't do it. I hate grinding with a passion.

I grind all the tracks out, BECAUSE I can't burn the slag out.

Now thats something I agree with I hate grinding also. In my test we could grind the root only. The hot pass to cap we used a power brush only.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:52 AM
Yes girls, he's single!

I'm also a lazy SOB Rod. Cutter is right, I have a refrigerator in the garage that is full, (most of the time), of different flavors of hops and barley.

If you make a trip out here, I'll let my superintendent know that I have an apprentice that wants to learn. All of his jobs right now are plastic, and I'm melting the stuff together. I used to have hair that ran down my back until this spring. I took some clippers to it myself, and gave myself a military buzz. Don't know if I can get rid of the bibs though.
Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and shouting WOW...what a ride
Old 08-30-2005, 07:20 AM
North West Redneck

Quote:
Don't know if I can get rid of the bibs though.
Never give up the bibs! I use to catch a lot of sheet for wearing the white Carhart bibs. Hey they were cheaper than the others, and what difference does it make what color they are, with all the grease we put up with! In the summer I would go through 3-pairs a week . We had to have 2-separate washing machines and dryers. That hammer grease will wreak havoc on anything it touches . Can’t tell in this picture that I’m wearing bibs, because of the life jacket, but they are bibs .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chipping.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	6097  

I’m neither a professional or certified weldor! :evil:
Old 08-30-2005, 12:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NavyGuy
Default THANKS B-footn

Quote:
If you make a trip out here, I'll let my superintendent know that I have an apprentice that wants to learn. All of his jobs right now are plastic, and I'm melting the stuff together. I used to have hair that ran down my back until this spring. I took some clippers to it myself, and gave myself a military buzz. Don't know if I can get rid of the bibs though.
CHRIS...THANKYOU ...THANKYOU ...THANKYOU ....I will definitely take ya up on that offer...as soon as I'm released from my captivity...lol. While I'm there i'll do any **** job ya want me too...so long as I get to learn. I was just kiddin about the shirt...hell I say keep the bibs...if thats what ya like then why the hell change right! As fer the new haircut....mmmm...there has to be a story there...did ya catch it on fire or something??...hell I can't really talk..I barely have any hair left on my head...just enough fer the high and tight I always have.
btw...what the hell is a welder of yer skill doin meltin ****in plastic pipes together...oh yeah...is it uphill melting or downhill melting hehehe

Thanks Chris...ya made my day!!
Rod

"Failure is NOT an option"

"If you do not want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!"
Old 08-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Yes girls, he's single!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMcC.
Well, yes, as odd as it sounds I was asking you. And even odder still, you knew the answer!

JTMcC.
I never said that I haven't worn starched shirts, just that I don't currently do it.
Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and shouting WOW...what a ride