Thread: weird day
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 11:25 PM
Chief Twidget & Keeper of the 'trons!

Hmm.... not sure why it would've been inaccessible at all too anyone over the last couple of days. I did get a text alert last night that it was down (good ole uptimerobot), but then it was right back up 1 minute later so I didn't worry about it.

I ran through some server updates today, but really that was just reconfiguring where the 15 minute replications are going... I setup a new backup server in the Dallas data center a few weeks ago and finally got around to redirecting the SFT replication there instead of my older backup server in Lubbock. Only reason I did it was if the main server were to crash I could get SFT back up more quickly on a server in the Dallas data center that's on the same IP block; just saves the DNS redirection in the case of a server failure.

Only thing I can think of is if the daily database backup was being slow for some reason and finally finished up. Will look into that and see if I can tell from the time stamp on the file how long the backups have been taking lately.

-EDIT-

Just looked at uptimerobot and see there was a moment of downtime this morning at 8:42a CST, but it didn't even last a minute. Could be that speaks to a larger issue with routing across the internet in general though and the uptimerobot servers were unable to reach SFT for a short period of time. If that's the case then it might be the same issue that's affected some and not others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 11.28.25 PM.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	152706  

Last edited by markttu; 10-26-2019 at 11:32 PM.