View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Elite Member

I have found I like a single 12 wide door on my size shop.. 26X32.. Leaves me much more space on the side without the door.. I only need to get one full size truck in at a time, and have 5X10 plasma in there too..In fact I have so many things in my shop, and can still work comfortably around everything.. Oh yea, my favorite thing in my shop? 26 year old Austroflamm Integra pellet stove. What a great unit those things are..

I just angle the truck/car bike in on the lift ,even the gantry is not in the way.. I was able to gain more room for a 61 inch work space tool box just yesterday..Cut down on using the back half of my plasma table.. Just cut less then 5X5 anyway..

Good luck with your build. Nice to have your own space...I came from a 50X60 that was not mine, to a 26X32 that is mine.. I have twice the stuff in it, and still functions well.. I like the idea of going with 10 ft walls. My ceiling is 9 ft, and the gantry was built so close to it that I have to take the 1/2 trim off the ceiling opening to set it up..(bit more then 12 MM) Needed every last inch of height to unload heavy things off my trailer..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0001.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	149546   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0002.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	149547   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003.JPG
Views:	45