View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 09:22 PM
That HURT!

Default One step closer to having a new shop in Florida

I have a plan, I have a place, I have no idea how long it's going to take or how much it's going to cost.

The plan is a 40x60x14 red steel structure. 40x40 will be enclosed and the extra 20x40 an open area under roof.

The place is a 10 acre plantation of loblolly and long needle pine trees in NE Florida that will also be my homestead. We call it Honu Grove.

The first step was to locate the shop and house build sites on the property. It tool Laura and I several weeks to decide on locations for the buildings but we did it and marked all the corners. Most timber buyers that I called did not want to take on a job this small but I finally found someone that would clear the timber off our build sites and thin the rest of the plantation.

Before the logger can get in to do his work I needed to put in a culvert and driveway. I needed a permit from the state DOT and they dictated the specifications on my driveway. I found a contractor to put in my culvert and driveway. They started on Tuesday and pretty much finished today. I'll give the concrete a week before I drive on it and wait till after the first of the year before the logger uses it.

My daughter Islay has named this driveway into the backside of our property
"Redneck Road"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3287.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	148455   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3290.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	148456   Click image for larger version