View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Twice the size--half the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
Abilene is about a 2 1/2 hour drive, 165 miles or thereabouts.
But the scenery is absolutely stunning.

Well, well... isn't this timely. Just got in from that drive a bit ago. Actually, I've been home longer than it took me to make the drive but sometimes it feels much longer than it actually is. Earl and DL did their best to take in the sights on this trip as well. There aren't that many trees between Lubbock and Abilene on the side of the road, but I believe Wilson would be pleased with their tweeting prowess today. Even then, that wasn't enough...the weenie wet a suitcase in a construction zone .

I saw a commercial for a new eatery, Sweet Meat BBQ, there on the main drag while watching last night's news, and decided we'd give it a go for lunch today. Their basic combo plate, brisket, sausage and sides, wasn't that great but the hamburgers the gals had were awesome. Of course, how can a 1/2# hamburger covered in another 1/2# of pulled pork not be awesome? I did have to spring for an appetizer, Chicken Fried Bacon. LadyD managed to get a pic of it before it all disappeared, but just barely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cfb.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	116123  

Wade's Custom Kydex