View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Armchair Webbie

Well Dan, at least you recognize the problem and are doing something about it. It may sound silly but, a book called, Not For Packrats Only, helped me out, somewhat. There's another by the same author, Clutter's Last Stand. He has another, I believe but, I can't remember the title.

If it wasn't a universal problem, that guy wouldn't have sold any books. They say, if you haven't used something in the last two years, there's a good chance that you never will.

Taking the time to do the sorting will get you bogged down in a hurry. Something I did once, that helped, was to go around with a little note book and look at the stuff in question and write it down, if it was to go, on the next big trash night. That way, all of the hemming and hawing was taken care of, right then and there. When big trash night rolled around, there was no more discussion with myself. Sentence had already been passed on the offending junque and it was simply a matter picking the stuff up and hauling it to the curb.

Sounded like a good idea at the time but, it kind of backfired on me. I picked items from here there and everywhere, instead of working from one end or, one room to another. What happened was, after I was done, I had a huge pile of stuff on the curb but, when I looked back through the house, I couldn't tell where I had been.

So, what do I know, anyway?

Dave