View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalWolf View Post
I have been looking for something like this but have you ever ordered from Menards? the reason I ask is if you order both do they charge separate shipping cost for each item as BangGood and others do? Also, I think you have a really good idea on being able to have the use of checking a thread "On The" instead of "Off Of" the workpiece... Smart thinking makes a lot of sense to me and would be very helpful in my work as well...
I've only placed two online orders with Menards and neither of them were satisfying experiences.

The first order was for some snow shovels they had clearanced for a ridiculously low price. These were shown on their website to be in stock at my local store, so the only reason I placed the order online was to basically reserve them before they all disappeared. Once I went to pick them up, it took them 35-40 minutes of looking for them and sending me to 3 different parts of the store to talk to 3 different people before they gave up and cancelled my order. They would not refund me their ridiculous 'convenience fee' that I did not even know they were charging me when I placed the order online.

The second time I placed an online order it went better. It was an online only item, so it got shipped directly to the store and I picked it up from there. They have a special area in the back of the store for order pick up and at the time (18 months or so ago) they still did not have their act together. They finally found my order and the order was right, it just took Tom, Dick, and Harry to find it.