View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 03:45 AM
Lord of the Minions

and I quote: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
H. L. Mencken

Which, by the way, is how I see news stories much of the time and how seeming fact is actually a distortion of truths not told by those that were quoted.

While I am no scientist, I have read articles in Science Journals on the subject and am personally satisfied that two generations of lifetimes eating meals cooked in Al pots ie Magnalite etc, none of the family members have suffered from Alzh. Although, we do suffer from mild cases of obesity from the foods most often cooked in them. Fat, dumb and happy comes to mind.

Quoting George Carlin, "Mothers milk leads to heroin".

What ever happened to the Teflon scare of the 70's?

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!