Thread: how much????
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 04:36 PM
SFT Brewmaster

Default how much????

went to get some cast iron rod for a job coming up ....gear box on a haybine.
well i don't make it a habit of stocking cast rod cuz i don't use it that much..
anywho this case has been welded before and it broke in the first 5 minutes the guy ran it so he brought it to me this time for repair...well i went down and selected the rod i wanted for the repair messer rod mg289 rated at 75,000psi...2lbs of it .
so i go up to pay .....he said no tax right ....yep....that comes to 120 bucks .....WHAT!!!!....buddy you better check that again...he checks ...yep 120 bucks ..it is 60 bucks a pound...well after a few selected words about theiving bastards....i went back to select a little cheaper rod ...well was going to go with mg262 ..80,000psi at 10 a pound ...but there was none so i settled on mg260 rated at 64,000psi...and 40 bucks for 2 pounds....i was like sh!t just last week i got 20 lbs of 309 for 80 bucks ...what the hell happened
and before anyone asks i selected the mg289 cuz it was made for oilly cast...so if my clean up and bake was not enough to clean it the rod would handle it

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it
---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by boilerman; 06-16-2004 at 04:39 PM.