View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 07:48 PM
That HURT!

Here's where I'm at and why.

The clearing for the house, shop, and an 800' driveway comes out to a little over 2 acres of area. To have someone come in and clear it for me was going to cast between 6 and $8K per acre.

So I decided to sell the timber to a small scale logger. He uses a feller/buncher and cuts them close to the ground. When he is all done clearing and thinning the balance of the timber plantation, I get a check. If it costs me $2K in machine rentals I will still have cash leftover and will only have spent my time.

When I was clearing the landing area for the logger I was able to push the trees over without too much difficulty. Every inch of diameter of tree, equates to a foot tap root (a 4" tree has a 4' tap root).

I have a very good felling that this whole project is going to go over budget so I will inject sweat equity whenever possible.

I took some video of trees coming down today but the wi-fi here is so bad I can't up-load them. I might have to go to a Starbucks this weekend to get good wi-fi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3331.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	148903   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3333.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	148904   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3347.jpg
Views:	53