View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Post Fiend

Question Where do I get accessories for HF #93212 Mini Lathe?

I picked up this Harbor Freight/Central Machinery #93212 7"x10" Mini Lathe a couple months ago from the original owner. In "like-new" condition, I thought it was worth $300. He had only turned Delrin bushings on it. It came with a chuck key, manual and that was about it. Retail is about $650 new.

Once back at the shop and looking over the manual, I realized there is at least one, maybe two boxes of "accessories" that should have come with it. Had I known, I probably would have had him look for the stuff while I was there. I text him about once a week asking if he has found the extras in his storage space but so far no luck (or effort?) on his part... I've even offered to pay him more $ if he finds them.

I HAVE used the machine as-is to shorten 40ish 1/2" Al rods about .040" and it worked well in that regard.

I know there is Little Machine Shop who sells gold-plated parts but I was wondering if anyone knows of a source that might be more reasonable? Referring to the illustration from a different, yet similar machine I am missing everything in the pic except for the chuck key. Stuff that is not easily sourced are the chuck jaws and change gears.

I did see someone selling a set of gears on Debay for $100ish but they sold quickly. I also called HF directly and was on hold over a half hour before I gave up waiting. I Emailed them also but am going on 3 days without a response or acknowledgment...

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minilathe.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	148450   Click image for larger version

Name:	accessories.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	148451  

TA Arcmaster 185 w/tig/stick kit
MillerMatic 252 w/3rd gen 30A
MM140 w/o AS, w/CO2
Hobart (Miller) 625 plasma
Hobart 250ci plasma
Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
Lincoln Patriot autodark (freebie)
45ACP Black Talons for those stubborn jobs...

Last edited by mccutter; 12-12-2018 at 02:29 PM.