View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 08:43 AM
H80N's Avatar
H80N H80N is offline
That Man Behind The Curtain
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 5,180

Find a competent TIG welder.. (the process used to be called "HeliARC")

bring him the bare frame

and explain your needs..

your teat and the area to be welded will no longer be 6061 T6... it will become 0-T where heated.. at the HAZ (heat affected zone)

if you can find a SKILLED welder with a modern inverter TIG like a Miller Dynasty.. they can narrow that HAZ and perform the joining with much more precision..

You might ask at your local welding supply who is really good at precision aluminum welding..

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..

The more you Know, The Better you Know, How little you Know (old Estonian saying)

Last edited by H80N; 10-13-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Reply With Quote