Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fabrication (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Table lift (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51729)

digr 02-14-2020 07:37 PM

Table lift

2 Attachment(s)
I hate to say it but I can't lift the table on my small drill press anymore, so I added a linear actuator to it. I lost 2" at the bottom but if I need extra height I have two floor models that I can use, one already has a lift and the other one I am able to get beside it when I need to raise the table. The fab work is done on this one and now I have to finish welding and wire it.

Ironman 02-14-2020 07:55 PM

That's an unusual drillpress, most have a rack gear and crank, even the bench top units.
However, your solution will do it just to fine.

Whitetrash 02-14-2020 08:12 PM

Damn straight, Digr nails it again. Looks sweet to me.

milomilo 02-14-2020 10:44 PM

I have one of those hospital bed actuators Keith gave me a few years back. Have not yet decided whether to use it on the mill of the drill press. Guess it is about time to make a decision.:(

Whitetrash 02-14-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomilo (Post 750475)
I have one of those hospital bed actuators Keith gave me a few years back. Have not yet decided whether to use it on the mill of the drill press. Guess it is about time to make a decision.:(

Chris, if you need more let me know I took a pile off a couple of hospital beds + all sorts of control boxes and wiring .

LKeithR 02-14-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomilo (Post 750475)
...Guess it is about time to make a decision.:(

Ya think? :D I still have some of that stuff kicking around if you need more...

milomilo 02-14-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKeithR (Post 750477)
Ya think? :D I still have some of that stuff kicking around if you need more...

Maybe I should do both the mill and the DP.:eek:

toprecycler 02-14-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitetrash (Post 750476)
Chris, if you need more let me know I took a pile off a couple of hospital beds + all sorts of control boxes and wiring .

All he has to do is come visit me for some too!
:D

Gadgeteer 02-15-2020 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digr (Post 750466)
I hate to say it but I can't lift the table on my small drill press anymore, so I added a linear actuator to it.

Well, dang, no wonder... that table looks pretty beefy.

Love those actuators. I'm adding a small one of my own design and fab to set the torch distance for my plasma pantograph .

Gadgeteer 02-15-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digr (Post 750466)
I hate to say it but I can't lift the table on my small drill press anymore, so I added a linear actuator to it.

Hey, digr, I'm not familiar with Smartdraw. Is it a free download, or pay-to-use?

Which specific program did you use for the drawing?
Thanks!