Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shop & Safety (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Scott's New Shop (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52318)

milomilo 08-11-2020 08:38 PM

Scott's New Shop
 
Met with Scott's septic/concrete contractor to go over water, sewer and power penetration locations in preparation for trenching and running the utilities. Contractor is doing the trenching. Tomorrow morning we head to Menards to do some shopping for water line, septic pipe, and toilet and shower flanges. Son and I will put in the interior utilities. Contractor will connect just outside the shop walls.

milomilo 08-11-2020 09:34 PM

Planning on a 3" toilet flange then to a 4" PVC pipe to go outside the shop wall to connect to the 4" PVC going to the septic. So question is to do the 3" to 4" right under the 3" flange or just before exiting the outside wall of the shop.

digr 08-11-2020 09:58 PM

Clean out fittings??

milomilo 08-11-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digr (Post 759685)
Clean out fittings??

Yes. One just outside of the shop and one half the way to the infiltrators for the septic.

Ironman 08-11-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomilo (Post 759684)
Planning on a 3" toilet flange then to a 4" PVC pipe to go outside the shop wall to connect to the 4" PVC going to the septic. So question is to do the 3" to 4" right under the 3" flange or just before exiting the outside wall of the shop.

I would stay with 3" inside. If I am correct the velocity will be higher in the 3 inch and a turd can be left behind if the water flow is too shallow as in a larger pipe.

In this area 4 inch is commercial application where you have more users in this area. My old septic line for the demolished house left the basement as 3" copper and went to 4" ABS and then reduced to 3" going into the tank.:confused:

milomilo 08-11-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 759691)
I would stay with 3" inside. If I am correct the velocity will be higher in the 3 inch and a turd can be left behind if the water flow is too shallow as in a larger pipe.

In this area 4 inch is commercial application where you have more users in this area. My old septic line for the demolished house left the basement as 3" copper and went to 4" ABS and then reduced to 3" going into the tank.:confused:

Here 3" used to be the standard. Just a few years back they all switched to 4". I expect they have changed the slope when they switched to 4". It is 1/8" per foot now.

milomilo 08-13-2020 02:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The crew to do the concrete started on forming and trenching. We got some of the electrical conduit and wire done today. Put in 60' of 1 1/4" PVC water line. Trenching not yet done so back at it tomorrow morning doing the septic. Got the plastic barrel drilled with a series of 1/2" holes and 1/2 full of 3/4" gravel. The floor drain 3" pipe will be cut to grade after they do the trenches for the footers and fill in the floor drain barrel. 103F today.

digr 08-13-2020 03:15 PM

Floor drains are legal there?? Not here. When you form the floor drain make it wide enough for a shovel, it makes it a lot easier to clean, not that I would know that for sure:rolleyes:

digr 08-13-2020 03:22 PM

I filled mine with rock and had holes all around and up to the top of the barrel

milomilo 08-13-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digr (Post 759792)
Floor drains are legal there?? Not here. When you form the floor drain make it wide enough for a shovel, it makes it a lot easier to clean, not that I would know that for sure:rolleyes:

Legal Smeashal, who gives a shit. No forming, just a 3" PVC pipe and PVC top grate. Did one that way for my brother 30 years ago and it is still working fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digr (Post 759793)
I filled mine with rock and had holes all around and up to the top of the barrel

This has holes all around up 3/4 of the way. Concrete crew says no problem.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.