Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welding (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   HTP CF helmet (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16975)

Tx1ton 09-28-2008 09:54 PM

HTP CF helmet
 
Anyone have experience with HTP's Striker CF helmet they advertise on Ebay? http://<br /> <br /> http://cgi.eb...tab%3DWatching

Seems like a heck of a good deal for the price and it has all the same specs as their other hoods in their catalog...yet I cannot find it in the catalog :confused:

cutter 09-28-2008 10:32 PM

1ton, I believe you got a leaky link there.

Is this the one you meant?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

dubby 09-28-2008 11:43 PM

Hmm... havn't seen that one. Added it to my watch list though. Looks interesting.

Tx1ton 09-29-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutter (Post 233201)
1ton, I believe you got a leaky link there.

Is this the one you meant?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

Yep, sure is, thanks Cutter! So, anyone using one of those? Sure is tempting to try one out...

LW Hiway 09-29-2008 12:59 PM

I looked on HTP's website and although I didn't see it listed on-line, that's not to say it wouldn't be listed within the catalog you could order.

In addition doing a search on the web didn't turn up any hits either, but again, if it's a relatively new product, not much may be available.

Looking at the price and what it touts it can do, I might me swayed to give it a go if I didn't already have enough new helmets already.:)After all, even as great a multi-tasking welder as I am, I can only wear one at a time.:rolleyes:;)

If you pick one up, keep us updated once you try it out, letting us know how you like it.

Tx1ton 09-29-2008 01:25 PM

I'll certainly do that...I think I'll grab one and try it. I do have their paper catalog from a recent order of wire, tips and nozzles - and it's not in there. I like the look of the CF and heck, I only have one AD hood so far (a Miller) and need a second for the wife to use anyways....

LW Hiway 09-29-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

and need a second for the wife to use anyways....
Aha, now you've figured out just how so many of our members get to spend so much money on welding related toys.

Keep the whole family involved.;)

Keep us posted on it's use when you get it.
LW

BTW, welcome to the site. We can always use one more Texan.:rolleyes::)

Bobthewelder 09-29-2008 03:07 PM

It looks like my optrel without all the features, could very well be made by optrel.

Tx1ton 09-29-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LW Hiway (Post 233274)
Aha, now you've figured out just how so many of our members get to spend so much money on welding related toys.

Keep the whole family involved.;)

Keep us posted on it's use when you get it.
LW

BTW, welcome to the site. We can always use one more Texan.:rolleyes::)

Thanks - looks like a good forum with a bunch of great info!

On the secret to spending, yeah, actually I'm looking for a children's hood in pink flames for my daughter too...:rolleyes: gotta start her out right though so what am I do do?!?!?

Charlie C 09-29-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx1ton (Post 233280)
Thanks - looks like a good forum with a bunch of great info!

On the secret to spending, yeah, actually I'm looking for a children's hood in pink flames for my daughter too...:rolleyes: gotta start her out right though so what am I do do?!?!?

Buy that one and paint pink flames on it. I am sure no one will steal it than.:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.