Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shop & Safety (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cue Twilight Zone spooky music (Sex Offender Link) (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9210)

madam X 11-10-2006 08:47 AM

Cue Twilight Zone spooky music

Firstly, I completely believe that most offenses are perpetrated by someone related or known to the children. However, it's nice to know who's living in the neighborhood. I had to turn off my pop up blocker to make it work.

When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as the small icon of a house and red, blue, green, dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a person will appear with an address and the description of the crime he or she had committed.

This site was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted.

Family Watchdog

Interesting - of the two found in my neighborhood, one was a woman. :eek:

1911man 11-10-2006 11:19 AM

Thank you madam- target identification is always a good thing.

Caliber 11-10-2006 07:51 PM

That's a pretty neat mapping program. For work, I check the state registry monthly, this one's right in line with it. For the state's registry, I have to click on a disclaimer stating you will not do any harm to the offender, before it will allow you in.
FYI: Iowa made it an offence if a sex offender moves in with parent that has children in the home. It is the law that any manditory reporter (teacher, doctor, etc,,) turn them in. At our district, 2 where turned in so far,this year. Single moms with a shack-up stud, who happens to be a sex offender, the moms get charged with child endangerment!

MAC702 11-10-2006 08:36 PM

I think I would likely find my place in the middle of a dot forest... I'll pass... :(

madam X 11-10-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caliber
Single moms with a shack-up stud, who happens to be a sex offender, the moms get charged with child endangerment!

GOOD! There's a guy down the road with three kids. His ex had custody until her bf went after the oldest girl. She was probably seven at most when I moved here and her dad had them with him already.

The wh*** wouldn't give up the guy for her own kids? :mad: :confused:

Oy

W.D. 11-10-2006 10:27 PM

Good idea to post this madame........Everybody ought to know about these creeps.
I was surprised to see how many were in close proximity to the area schools.
I need to run to the store and get more ammo.

okiewelder 11-11-2006 06:34 AM

need to know

thanks for the info, I have 6 kids at my house and I like to know who I need to watch out for in the neighberhood.
Thanks again,
Steven

Bender 01-20-2007 11:34 AM

This should be bumped every couple months.
Creepy SOBs

Shade Tree Welder 01-20-2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender
Creepy SOBs

Good point.

mccutter 01-20-2007 02:12 PM

I agree...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender
Creepy SOBs

Good Idea Bender and Great Link Madam...

With a beautiful, soon-to-be 6 year old daughter, I was relieved to find no offenders in my immediate vicinity--the closest was about a mile away. The "dots" weren't in the exact place but the addresses were posted which helps.

The pictures of most of these men (I didn't find any women) all looked hauntingly similar--one freak was even smiling! That is probably why when you meet someone and you think "why don't I like this guy"--an intuition thing.

If anything ever happened to anyone in my family by one of these people there would certainly be a pre-meditated "crime of passion" committed on my part...no waiting for the court system here!

madam X 01-20-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccutter

If anything ever happened to anyone in my family by one of these people there would certainly be a pre-meditated "crime of passion" committed on my part...no waiting for the court system here!

http://www.cutterod.com/bear_stuff/LGoL/sniper.gif I think if there was a little more of that going on, we'd have far fewer problems from these perverts.

George G 01-20-2007 04:28 PM

Don't forget that the dots are only the known pieces of dog sh!t. There are still a lot of unknown pieces of dog sh!t running around out there.

Scotts 01-20-2007 06:09 PM

Bullets are cheap and backhoes are plentiful!

Scott

Ike 01-20-2007 09:11 PM

Great site. The only problem is that these are the ones that comply with the reporting. A lot of the offenders are "noncompliant" and you don't know where they live. Your local state highway patrol usually has a sex offenders list that also includes the noncompliants. Even though you may not know their current address, you may recognize the faces.

Ike

Harvuskong 01-20-2007 09:44 PM

Got any idea as to where to post on this site, the pics of those whose whereabouts are unknown??

cutter 01-20-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvuskong
Got any idea as to where to post on this site, the pics of those whose whereabouts are unknown??

Don't think they can let you do that, Harve. They get their information from public information; you would have to notify the cops wherever the perp is, or is wanted.

from the contact page on their site:

Quote:

We cannot add, remove or alter any information about an offender on our site. Our information all comes from official public records. If there is an error the agency responsible for maintaining the information must change it.

IDIGDIRT 01-20-2007 09:58 PM

Great post MadamX, and thanks for bumping it back up(you to Shade). We are very fortunate that the Va. State police has an awesome website for these scum suckers and it's amazing how many live/work close by to us. I recommend every one visit their states site if they have one and always remember it is our responsibility as parents to provide for our kids well being.

Harvuskong 01-20-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutter
Don't think they can let you do that, Harve. They get their information from public information; you would have to notify the cops wherever the perp is, or is wanted.

from the contact page on their site:

I was not talking about that site, I was talking about the SFT site.

Hmm, proper communication is sometimes a problem that I have at times.

I suppose that Off Topic could be used.

fthomp 01-28-2007 10:04 AM

Thanks for the link. Not many in my immediate area but still a good resource.

tigman250 03-13-2007 08:12 PM

looked up my area, while i have none within 5 miles it's suprising how many there are for a small town! worst part is most of them are convicted of crimes with kids 13 and younger :mad: one was even convicted of a sex crime with a mentally handicapped relative! laws can't be tough enough for this type of stuff!!!

i hate country music, but looking over these sicko's the song by Whille Nelson and Toby Keith "Whiskey for my men and beer for the horses" comes to mind!

IDIGDIRT 06-18-2007 09:51 PM

BUMP Since we have quite a few new members, I thought this should be brought up again.

RED caddy 06-26-2007 02:54 PM

To continue the musical references, Charlie daniels comes to mind with "long haired country boy" and "simple man" RED

weld_13 07-08-2007 12:06 AM

Talk about creepy

Yeh that doesnt help my outlook all that much. Theres ones home just a minute or two away that i think was the place we were thinkin about lookin to buy a brush hog for the tractor from. Needless to say since i welded the old one up it hasnt broken so im just fine with it no need for a new one:). Yes you guys are worried about your kids and I am worried about my sister but its even worse when you are one of the people the freaks go after:rolleyes:. Thanks for the link and helping to keep everyone informed

wireburner 07-25-2007 09:47 PM

Freaks should be shot!

Thanks madamx,GOOD link there is 1 of those FREAKS with in 0.86 of a mile of where I live that is scary makes me want to go get some moe guns!

ag student 08-19-2007 06:42 PM

I've used Indiana's sex offenders website before, found a kid that I went to high school with...creepy

teufel 08-20-2007 02:02 PM

thanks,

looks like one moved in recently 4 houses down. i'll let neighbors with kids know.

Photomask 08-26-2007 10:40 AM

Thanks for the link madam.
Scary stuff.....

Charlie C 10-29-2007 08:01 PM

http://www.criminalcheck.com/

This is also a good site to check on.

bunkclimber 01-11-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madam X (Post 128298)

When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as the small icon of a house and red, blue, green, dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a person will appear with an address and the description of the crime he or she had committed.

I'm hard at work developing a similar site that will let you locate people with welding equipment near you

RegionalChaos 01-11-2008 03:07 PM

It had been a few months since I checked this. Found out someone moved in 2 blocks down the road from me! .21 miles! :mad: Thanks for the heads up Madamx!

OldRedFord 01-30-2008 01:07 AM

Nice...got a rapist and a child molester less then a mile away....intersting thing is that the 2 live on the same street :eek:

midmosandblasting 01-30-2008 07:20 AM

Maybe they will find each other and live happily everafter.

Bubba Tex 03-13-2008 02:02 PM

Another site along these lines but it doesn't limit to sex offender

http://www.felonspy.com/

ken98k 04-16-2008 10:07 PM

Thanks for the link madam x
I'm surrounded.
I guess that should not surprise me since Alaska has the highest rape / sex offence in the U.S.

Pat 04-20-2008 07:11 AM

Thanks madam,

Even when I was a cop I did not have any idea there were so many twisted perverts that lived near me. In searching the offenders near my residence I am a little surprised at the numbers of females that are registered sex offenders. Although there are only 6 out of the 70 or so offenders, this is a lot higher ratio than I would have ever imagined..........thanks again,

Pat.

Matt Shade 04-20-2008 08:17 PM

Thanks for the link, I hadn't caught this thread until today. Nobody close at the moment but there are too many dots on the overall map to count. Scary how close they are to schools as well.

Charlie C 04-20-2008 08:50 PM

I look at my area a while ago and we have 8 living here:eek:. I know two of them. One I know the back ground on the other has moved in so I don't know a thing about his back ground.

Ok now don't get me wrong here. I do not condone anything about child molesters. What I see here is why does a CM have to register for lift and some one that kill a person can do their time and walk a way free. They have served their time. Seem to me that the only difference is one is dead and the other is still living. Both of the Perps have ruined someone's life and many other lives that are connected to the victim.

Pressco 01-12-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Tex (Post 201702)
Another site along these lines but it doesn't limit to sex offender

http://www.felonspy.com/

lol@terms of service/disclaimer.

These guys have a good sense of humor at least.

Lucky for me there aren't too many felons or sex offenders near where I live or work. But there are enough to make me bummed I live near them!

park city tom 08-01-2013 01:43 PM

Back in the Day

Quote:

Originally Posted by madam X (Post 138275)
http://www.cutterod.com/bear_stuff/LGoL/sniper.gif I think if there was a little more of that going on, we'd have far fewer problems from these perverts.

Thanks, Madam.

Great post.

Beam back to pre WW2. My dad's part of town was divided into ethnic neighborhoods, pretty unforgiving if you strayed onto another group's turf.

But, one's sisters could walk anywhere without fear.

One reason was that safety of sisters trumped gang affiliation. A potential offender knew if he were found out, her male relatives would "interact" with them in a meaningful way.

Tom