Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fabrication (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mixer (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49243)

Farmersamm 03-24-2018 10:50 PM

Mixer

2 Attachment(s)
Nothing much to do tonight. K'kins is off at her Mother's watching the basketball thing. We don't have cable here at the house.

What I'm doing, is taking a vintage Monkey Wards mixer, and re-purposing it to run on a 3pt.

The frame is where it's at for this stage of the build. It's not going any further till I get my lather running.

Farmersamm 03-24-2018 11:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The transmission, and some welds. I like welds :D The little skinny pic is of a weld redo. If it ain't right, it gets redone. Had a heat issue with the first weld...........too hot, and throwing dingleberries everywhere. Grind out, and redo. I feel that the best welders are the guys that suck it up, and fix their mistakes.

And some shrinking to keep it all straight.

Keep the thread going till it's done.

Another quality design straight from Uranus :)

digger doug 03-25-2018 06:18 PM

So it used to run on a simple 120 volt plug, and now you need to hitch
it up to the 3 point ?

Or hang a $99 HF 6.5 HF Chonda on it.

Sounds like a step backwards, what is the impetus for the 3-point mounting ?

LW Hiway 03-25-2018 06:25 PM

There are times when my two electric mixers are just a pain to have everything in close proximity to where the pour is to be.

I've thought of having a larger mixer on 3pt to do the same thing, being able to get closer to just pour from the mixer without having to haul a wheelbarrow etc.

I may do this with one of mine, but keeping the electric drive intact and just run with it after the mixing is done and plug it back in at the point of pour.

Will be looking forward to your build.

digger doug 03-25-2018 07:10 PM

Neighbor want's one in the worst way...(keeps talking about it,
complains there aint any local, but yet won't drive 50 miles to get
one.....)

Wants to do fence post's, out on the back 40.

With a 30 hp NewHolland (with front loader) I told him
to load the front bucket with premix bags, and a barrel of water.
If he would unfold the ROPS (never has since new.....) he could make a rack
to carry the fence post's up top.

That way, he can sneak down the fence row (between the trees, and the fence)
He would have it all with him, for a day out in the pasture.

Farmersamm 03-25-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger doug (Post 708730)
So it used to run on a simple 120 volt plug, and now you need to hitch
it up to the 3 point ?

Or hang a $99 HF 6.5 HF Chonda on it.

Sounds like a step backwards, what is the impetus for the 3-point mounting ?

We have an upcoming fencing project, some pads for underneath the stock tanks, and some other stuff.

K'kins, and I, are too old to mix mud by hand anymore. Well we could, but it wouldn't be pretty :D

The fencing project is going to have multiple corner posts, and pull posts. Pasture is irregular plot of land due to trees. The 3pt mixer allows us to load it up, mix on the go, and dump in rough terrain. I can keep concrete sacks and water on the carryall on the other tractor, and just use it as a sort of base that I can return too for more ingredients.

I've seen some of the offerings at Northern Tool, and other places. All flimsy import stuff badged with different names. Don't see them holding up for even a day. https://www.agrisupply.com/cosmo-cement-mixer/p/28537/

And...........3pt..........PTO powered........hitch and go. Makes life pretty easy. No messing with gensets, or using the welder to run it.

We've been sort of gearing up for this over a long period. Built pallet forks for moving pipe, and concrete. Built a man lift for the pallet forks so's I can erect steel for a new loafing shed, and trim trees. Built a carryall for heavy loads. Now the mixer. Builder Bob is in da house :D:D

Farmersamm 03-25-2018 11:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
All the goodies :D

digger doug 04-02-2018 04:08 PM

Been thinking on this some more....

If you mount this cement mixer in a angle iron (probably 2 x 2 x 1/4")
cage, you could put 3 point pins on 3 sides.

That way, you can dump it off the back, off the right side, or off the left side.

MetalWolf 04-02-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmersamm (Post 708764)
We have an upcoming fencing project, some pads for underneath the stock tanks, and some other stuff.

K'kins, and I, are too old to mix mud by hand anymore. Well we could, but it wouldn't be pretty :D

The fencing project is going to have multiple corner posts, and pull posts. Pasture is irregular plot of land due to trees. The 3pt mixer allows us to load it up, mix on the go, and dump in rough terrain. I can keep concrete sacks and water on the carryall on the other tractor, and just use it as a sort of base that I can return too for more ingredients.

I've seen some of the offerings at Northern Tool, and other places. All flimsy import stuff badged with different names. Don't see them holding up for even a day. https://www.agrisupply.com/cosmo-cement-mixer/p/28537/

And...........3pt..........PTO powered........hitch and go. Makes life pretty easy. No messing with gensets, or using the welder to run it.

We've been sort of gearing up for this over a long period. Built pallet forks for moving pipe, and concrete. Built a man lift for the pallet forks so's I can erect steel for a new loafing shed, and trim trees. Built a carryall for heavy loads. Now the mixer. Builder Bob is in da house :D:D

Farmersamm.....JIMO!

I can see the need for it for pad pours....... but for planting fence post and corner H braces It just as effective if you just dump a little water in the hole with he post in and pour a half bag in use half inch round bar and tamp it around
pour a little more water and rest of bag in tamp it a little more and go on to the next post or H brace
fencers have been doing that here for 20 or so years and post are still solid as if ya spend all that time mixing and pouring....

but the mixer will be a must for mixing to pour pads and such larger areas.

Dr Dean 04-03-2018 02:45 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why you have to cement a wood fence post into a hole. I was taught to put a little soil in at a time and tamp it with the spade handle they were always tight in the ground and the fence is usually good for 40 years or so.