Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (
-   Fabrication (
-   -   dumb question: what do I call this welding brace? (

Bob_S2 04-01-2018 09:59 PM

dumb question: what do I call this welding brace?
1 Attachment(s)
I have this brace I use on my welding table all the time, I picked it up years ago at a garage sale. I need a couple more. Problem is, I have no idea what it's called. I've searched and can't figure out what it's called. At least 1 or 2 holes are threaded. It's not a 1-2-3 block or any combination of that. So what's it called? Once I get the right name, I'm sure a quick search will find them.
Thanks everyone!

LKeithR 04-01-2018 11:05 PM

It's a form of "angle plate", most often used in machining applications but often suitable for fixturing in welding setups. With a good Acorn table and a few of those you can make some neat setups...

KBC Angle Plates

LW Hiway 04-02-2018 07:12 AM

I do have a few different sizes of these and they do come in handy. Even with not having an acorn table. :)

A few I've made, but most bought.

Scratch 04-02-2018 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I call them welding squares or welding fixtures. That looks like a great one! Nice and heavy!

Here are some that I like from Fireball Tool:

USMCPOP 04-02-2018 09:36 AM

CDCO has some reasonable priced angle plates. They are in Schaumburg, IL. Don't know if they have a store or local pickup available. Angle plates are heavy.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.