Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Machining (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Wellsaw 58B bandsaw table (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52916)

Vincent D 03-17-2021 08:00 PM

Wellsaw 58B bandsaw table

Hey guys. I recently purchased an original model 58B that didn't have the table with it. I can get a new one from Wellsaw for $130 but if I can build one for $30 in material, why would I buy one?

What I'm wondering is if anyone on here has a table and would be willing to measure it for me?

Thanks

milomilo 03-17-2021 08:02 PM

No help on the saw. Welcome to the pile.:)

LKeithR 03-17-2021 09:42 PM

I'm not clear on what you're calling the "table". Isn't it the main frame of the saw? If that's the case you've only got half a saw. A new factory part will have all the slots and holes required to put everything together. It will look like it's a part of the saw and will undoubtedly increase the value.

digger doug 03-18-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKeithR (Post 768833)
I'm not clear on what you're calling the "table". Isn't it the main frame of the saw? If that's the case you've only got half a saw. A new factory part will have all the slots and holes required to put everything together. It will look like it's a part of the saw and will undoubtedly increase the value.

Yup, gonna need some pix to clarify things.

Matt Shade 03-18-2021 12:02 PM

I looked your saw up and it appears to be like most horizontal saws. I did see several Ebay listings that called it a vertical/horizontal bandsaw which implies you can set it up to cut vertically with an added table. None of the ads that label it as a vertical saw, have any pics of it set up in the vertical configuration though :confused:

terry lingle 03-18-2021 03:16 PM

almost all of these saws can be used as a vertical bandsaw but the table is very small and has no tilt capacity. it is possible to make a larger table but to use the saw as designed you need to use the supplied table because the larger table interferes with the drop action.

Tim KS 03-18-2021 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this your saw in vertical position?

mccutter 03-18-2021 11:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 7x12 "Enco" (Taiwan) that came with a vertical "table". Somewhat flimsy, I've NEVER used it. I don't even know where it is--haven't laid eyes on it in 15 years. ;)

Vincent D 03-20-2021 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the feedback. This is a pic of a new version of my saw. It's a horizontal band saw that stands up vertical and can be used as a table band saw.
Obviously it's a makeshift table but they have been doing it for over 50 years so, I'm guessing it's works good enough to be useful.

Vincent D 03-20-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim KS (Post 768862)
Is this your saw in vertical position?

Hey Tim, yes that looks like my saw. Mine is in a little bit rougher shape but those are the right colors.
Good find.