Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   SFT Information (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2019 GTG’s (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50513)

SmokinDodge 02-05-2019 01:01 AM

2019 GTG’s

So 2018 got a bit fucked along with the guy that has so graciously hosted our shenanigans for the past several years. We did however find an alternate place to have the annual GTG in the tropical paradise known as northern Wisconsin, in October. :rolleyes:

A great time was had by all and discussion came up as to this years GTG and the idea came around about having not only one but two GTGs, kind of like a spring and fall event and maybe far enough apart that we could attract some fresh blood. Lord knows some of these guys need help, they have been putting up with me for years now.

What do y’all think? Ideas, thoughts,concerns?

For anyone who has never attended a Midwest GTG it’s a low key event that usually results in a lot of conversation and some good food. Well worth the price of admission. ;)

chumly2071 02-05-2019 07:40 AM

Tentatively in.

toprecycler 02-05-2019 10:16 AM

Will do my best. Might bring SWMBO if far enough away from home. She has been hinting for a vacation trip.

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk

greywynd 02-05-2019 11:08 AM

I think many would be interested, it will all come down to location(s) and timing.

I will always enjoy meeting up with folks from here, good people make for good times!

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app

Walker 02-05-2019 11:22 AM

I’ll have to see if we can have a Southwest GTG. The last one had 66% attendance. Have to see if we can get all three of us this year.

JBFab 02-06-2019 10:12 PM

Funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. As per usual, if timing works out I'm in!

Sent from my SM-N960U using ShopFloorTalk mobile app

weldor2005 03-07-2019 05:46 PM

I would host again, but October was too cold for some members from the southern mid-west, and right now, we might still have snow in June!

Put some dates out there, September is likely out for me.

toprecycler 03-07-2019 05:59 PM

The sooner some dates are suggested, the sooner I can put in for time off. SWMBO has hinted that she wants to go on a camping trip, so I might be bringing a some more bodies this year. ( depending if she can get the time off if she goes back to work.)

My work might get busy during the summer, but we have at least two people that can do any one job.

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk

SmokinDodge 03-07-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weldor2005 (Post 732161)
I would host again, but October was too cold for some members from the southern mid-west, and right now, we might still have snow in June!

Put some dates out there, September is likely out for me.

October wasn’t bad. Just maybe not the end of October. First weekend or so would be nice. Maybe then we can finish the smoker. :D

weldor2005 03-09-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinDodge (Post 732169)
October wasn’t bad. Just maybe not the end of October. First weekend or so would be nice. Maybe then we can finish the smoker. :D

I will amend my statement, I am likely not going to host anything past September this year. Although SWMBO wouldn't say no, I expect a 1 month old in October. I'm sure if I take the other little one with me, I might be allowed to go somewhere after September.

Also, Lets start figuring out dates, I am starting to book my camping weekends/weeks. Tentatively out for the hot month of July now for a long week (4th-14th).