Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shop & Safety (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Having Hot water in the shop Tankless H/W faucet (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50678)

MetalWolf 03-15-2019 01:20 PM

Having Hot water in the shop Tankless H/W faucet
 
1 Attachment(s)
I have a wash sink outside of the shop and have had some issues with it being outside prior to the new add on the building.
It would get leaves and crap in it needing to be cleaned out constantly or the pipe would freeze and brake or get broke by the digs digging.

So, now I want to get rid of that one and have a small one to put inside the shop...
One that will take up less room as shop real estate is hard to come by... too much crap in it already... and a normal small or large hot water heater, will just take up space and I don't want that plus use more juice to keep it warm

Anyway, I ordered one of these cheap tankless heater faucets from Amazon say it will produce up to 160 degrees F. I got the 220v one so I should have that in a few days...
I ordered another one from China a few weeks ago and it came in but don't like the mounting it will need but I think they sent me a euro design one instead of the US design not sure they even know a difference.

but having some hot water in the shop to wash hands with or use to wash out some of the shop towels I just like the idea of this being you get cold and hot out of just having the one supply line... over having a standard Hot water heater...

Anyway do any of you have, A. similar hot water supply for the shop and does it deliver as it claims. so, I don't have any experience with this style but have used and installed the ones you still need two supply lines to the sink any advise you can think of is appreciated
pics of one I have already and link to the one I just ordered

https://www.amazon.com/B-Crew-Tankle...ateway&sr=8-13
Attachment 149955

kbs2244 03-15-2019 02:44 PM

We have one on the kitchen sink.
The wife uses it for her tea.
The only disadvantage I can see for washing hands is that there is no way to mix the hot and cold for temp control.
You would have to turn down the max setting to something comfortable.

MetalWolf 03-15-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs2244 (Post 732943)
We have one on the kitchen sink.
The wife uses it for her tea.
The only disadvantage I can see for washing hands is that there is no way to mix the hot and cold for temp control.
You would have to turn down the max setting to something comfortable.

Yes, Yes. I did not think about that, So maybe. I will order the small wall mount one later. If this one becomes too much of a pain... Then I think it will still be one supply line, I could jump off a single supply line, to the little wall tankless and then supply line to the hot side of a normal faucet.

If I had thought of that then, which is what I should have done. Oh, well seems my brain is only able to follow one track at a time nowadays :(

Ironman 03-16-2019 09:51 AM

I have been keeping my eye to the ground for a urinal, and planned to run the drain out the wall to my nearest tree I am fostering. This would eliminate the yellow snow all around in front of the shop.

And I had planned on cold water, but now you opened up a new idea for me, I can throw out that 10 gallon tank I have saved. And I found this one when I did a look see on BangGood. And according to the URL it is in the Canadian warehouse.

If you must have hot and cold, you could haywire a pipe to the output of the heater and have it run to a conventional faucet.

MetalWolf 03-16-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 732988)
I have been keeping my eye to the ground for a urinal, and planned to run the drain out the wall to my nearest tree I am fostering. This would eliminate the yellow snow all around in front of the shop.

And I had planned on cold water, but now you opened up a new idea for me, I can throw out that 10 gallon tank I have saved. And I found this one when I did a look see on BangGood. And according to the URL it is in the Canadian warehouse.

If you must have hot and cold, you could haywire a pipe to the output of the heater and have it run to a conventional faucet.

I think that's like the one I got. except for the odd mounting from the back side of mine but I think it will have to do I just like washing the Gojo off my hands after using it, basically, only need for hot water other than the water is too dang cold in the winter time. and the one you linked to is a bit cheaper.

Although I think now i should of gone with the one. "or" one of the ones in the second link. would have been the better choice.

Ironman 03-16-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalWolf (Post 732996)
I think that's like the one I got. except for the odd mounting from the back side of mine but I think it will have to do I just like washing the Gojo off my hands after using it, basically, only need for hot water other than the water is too dang cold in the winter time. and the one you linked to is a bit cheaper.

The one I linked has both hot and cold from the same valve. don't know if they can be blended, but I assume so.
Now I would have to figure out what junk to throw out, to have a baño or wash area.
You mentioned you were in a mobile home, in an area with neighbors. Do you have an acreage?

MetalWolf 03-16-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 732997)
The one I linked has both hot and cold from the same valve. don't know if they can be blended, but I assume so.
Now I would have to figure out what junk to throw out, to have a baño or wash area.
You mentioned you were in a mobile home, in an area with neighbors. Do you have an acreage?

Only, a tiny 1-1/2 acre place here...
And, Yes. I live in a mobile home... So, Yep, I'm bonafide native white trailer trash!;):D
El Bano for the shop here is! to point your ass towards the trees and let it bring out the "Bear" in ya.;);):devil:

I mainly just like the convenience of the little tankless jobbers. either one, I think will work. but, I am not sure how hot it will get, even if half as hot... of what the house will do is good enough
and the fact it's so compact it the selling point for me having limited space ill see if my little sink is still easy to get to and get a pic of it... and will give you an idea of shop space it will and wil not be taking up...

kbs2244 03-16-2019 05:06 PM

Look at how they do it in RV kitchens.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.