Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fabrication (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   the Green Toy (https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50930)

King of Obsolete 06-02-2019 08:14 PM

the Green Toy
 
3 Attachment(s)
I finally bought a new computer so I can see the outside world again. I also acquired a 1976 AM General M816 wrecker that needs love. i'm also finding out that the military does everything with man power not work smarter not harder. today I whipped up a boom holder because at my age lifting the travel support pipes is too hard on my back. considering it was a sunday morning and thought was required to cut angles the boom holder turned out very well.

thansk

milomilo 06-02-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Obsolete (Post 736982)
I finally bought a new computer so I can see the outside world again. I also acquired a 1976 AM General M816 wrecker that needs love. i'm also finding out that the military does everything with man power not work smarter not harder. today I whipped up a boom holder because at my age lifting the travel support pipes is too hard on my back. considering it was a sunday morning and thought was required to cut angles the boom holder turned out very well.

thansk

Very glad the hear from you KoO. Now that you are back on the internet I hope we can hear from you often.

King of Obsolete 06-02-2019 08:19 PM

I hope so too, the struggle was unreal with the old obsolete computers I had.

thansk

digger doug 06-02-2019 08:24 PM

KOO is ba-ack.....

and boing ! I just thought of something.

that thread I started asking about those e-bay portable CNC plasma
cutters.....Perfect for the KOO !

It can ship via the "Brown Rugby Team", and we can e-mail files
for burnout...A win win.

:D

King of Obsolete 06-02-2019 08:29 PM

remember i'm the King of Obsolete so a fancy plasma cutter is way to new for me, lol.

thansk

LKeithR 06-02-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Obsolete (Post 736987)
...remember i'm the King of Obsolete so a fancy plasma cutter is way to new for me, lol....

You know you could fake it and actually have some new stuff...:D

Good to see you back, Joey...

King of Obsolete 06-02-2019 08:40 PM

yes i do own the mini Hoe, the forklift and a brand new quad but I like being the King of Obsolete, lol

thansk

milomilo 06-02-2019 08:47 PM

Boom holder looks great. How much weight do you think it will hold? Nice color too.

toprecycler 06-02-2019 08:56 PM

Great to see you back Joey.

Glad you are still resurrecting old iron.


Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk

King of Obsolete 06-02-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomilo (Post 736991)
Boom holder looks great. How much weight do you think it will hold? Nice color too.

not sure, the boom was in the down position and that is how I built the holder around it. it is more to keep the boom from bouncing around or side to side on these so-called roads of the north.

thansk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.