PDA

View Full Version : How to forge a 2 Tine Roasting Fork..

allessence
03-30-2017, 06:39 PM
https://youtu.be/dCJ_CXXIRRQ

Whats up???? :D

Whitetrash
04-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Finally had some quiet time to watch your video without interruption. This project is one I want to attempt at some point. I especially like the fact you give approximate dimensions for creating the different sections of the fork so a rookie has half a chance of keeping it in proportion beyond by guess and by God. To me that is very valuable.

allessence
04-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Finally had some quiet time to watch your video without interruption. This project is one I want to attempt at some point. I especially like the fact you give approximate dimensions for creating the different sections of the fork so a rookie has half a chance of keeping it in proportion beyond by guess and by God. To me that is very valuable.

As always glad to hear i can help.. I'm hoping there is enough information that it adds short cuts but not so much information that it becomes overwhelming..

I found that when I was really young I didn't have the patience to hammer stuff to where it really should have been (hammering would tire me out completely.. I used to whine to myself" When is this going to be done".. ) and then it looked sloppy.. I finally realized after some time that taking the time to forge stuff and give it a good forged finish would save me hours at the bench filing or at the grinder grinding..

Filing is a skill set all it's own but grinding.. Well anything can be considered a skill.. I'm referring to the fork making.. Not knife making where a belt grinder can save you hours and take considerable skill..

The "Skinner knife is proof of that".. Just edited more footage.. It took 1.5hrs from start to finish.. Way to long for a Youtube video how to..