PDA

View Full Version : Nail Making video 2D 3rd and last in series of nail making

allessence
02-27-2017, 06:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRyRWkOmIMg

Here is the finally of the nail making tools and nail making..

Let me know what you guys think and as always good, bad and even ugly.. Let me know what you like or don't like so i can continue to get better content and better editing..

Thanks

baldy347
03-01-2017, 07:48 AM
Another one very well done. Especially liked the hooks and the skull.

Thank you!

wayne

allessence
03-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Another one very well done. Especially liked the hooks and the skull.

Thank you!

wayne

Thanks Wayne.. was my pleasure..

toprecycler
03-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Very nice. I liked the text inserts explaining what to do too. The skull and hooks were cool, but I don't know if I would have the patience to make all the nails for a house though! Lol

milomilo
03-01-2017, 08:20 PM
I have always wondered if forged nails hold better than factory nails?

allessence
03-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Very nice. I liked the text inserts explaining what to do too. The skull and hooks were cool, but I don't know if I would have the patience to make all the nails for a house though! Lol

Early america was built on Women's and children's labor.. Before the factory made nail, roughly 50% of the nails were made by women and children and would be paid piece work after the tooling and materials were paid for..

I probably have a few thousand in a nail keg.. A great warm up project.. ;)

I have always wondered if forged nails hold better than factory nails?

yes, they hold nearly 150% better.. All hardwood flooring nails are square shanked for that reason..

A hand forged nail will hold even better than this as the uneven forged surfaces allows for the wood to fill in these little voids aiding in holding power. . you will more likely pull the head off a forged nail before you will ever get it out..

Whitetrash
03-05-2017, 01:12 AM
Another very good video. I spend my time watching what part of the anvil you are using and the angle/pattern of your hammer work. With any occupation you are striving for no wasted moves. I have a friend who is a line cook who could school the Fuckers at the Cordon Bleu. He is absolutely poetry in motion there are zero wasted moves and you work the same way.

allessence
03-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Another very good video. I spend my time watching what part of the anvil you are using and the angle/pattern of your hammer work. With any occupation you are striving for no wasted moves. I have a friend who is a line cook who could school the Fuckers at the Cordon Bleu. He is absolutely poetry in motion there are zero wasted moves and you work the same way.

Glad you liked it.. I'm getting slowly back into proper shape/form.. Should be pretty good by end of summer..

I'm hoping to get 2 videos out a month, so if there is something you guys want to see i'll do my best to make it happen..