View Full Version : Corkscrew

OleDog
01-27-2017, 03:20 PM
My son made this the other day. It's a first attempt, but I like it

OleDog

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

allessence
01-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Nice... I hope your son is of drinking age or is he giving you a heads up?:devil:

TEK
01-27-2017, 04:59 PM
That's a neat first project, nice of him...

I'm thinking that the spiral part is a weak point, it appears that the corkscrew would twist off with use..

What about shelving it as a 'first' and not use it?.That way he wouldn't be hurt by seeing his work break. ..
Just a thought ---

allessence
01-27-2017, 05:14 PM
That's a neat first project, nice of him...

I'm thinking that the spiral part is a weak point, it appears that the corkscrew would twist off with use..

What about shelving it as a 'first' and not use it?.That way he wouldn't be hurt by seeing his work break. ..
Just a thought ---

for myself I'd rather see it used..

I thought it looked pretty good and besides.. How much pressure does it take to remove a tooties roll center from a tooties pop.. ????

OleDog
01-27-2017, 05:56 PM
To clarify, It's his first corkscrew, not 1st project. He's giving it as a door prize at a party, so he won't be able to witness it breaking. :-) the screw started it's life as 7/16" coil spring and the handle was 1/2"HR round. He punched the mortise with a punch and riveted the screw on.

OleDog

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

milomilo
01-27-2017, 07:50 PM
It looks very handmade. I like it.

OleDog
01-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Nice... I hope your son is of drinking age or is he giving you a heads up?:devil:

LOL! Jen, he turned 29 in Nov. so I think he's probably ok. He's more of a home-brew IPA man than a wine drinker. He hasn't been brewing anything for a while, but he has made some pretty tasty brews.

OleDog