PDA

View Full Version : welding calender

wolfgangwelding
01-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Dose any one know if there is a calender on the market especialy for welding shops? If not maybe Ill start my own :p

You could put alot of good referance info in a one year calender. Not to mention some hot girls modleing welding jackets, and gear.

Sberry
01-12-2005, 10:16 AM
My dealer gave these away, have all the stuff on them.

markct
01-12-2005, 12:26 PM
around here autofast, a nut and bolt wholesale place, used to give out the best calenders, had no info about welding, or even fasteners, but had some other fine specimens in minumal amounts of swimwear, so nice actualy that they told me i could have it hung on the wall in the machine shop, thats the trouble with workin for a big corporation these days

TheFrenchCanadian
01-12-2005, 02:42 PM
...have all the stuff on them.

Well, lots of stuff, but not ALL the stuff... :D

Stickman
01-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Well, lots of stuff, but not ALL the stuff... :D
Yup, I noticed right away it's missing the hot girls :p

Luc, count me in for one of yours. :D

cutter
01-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Dose any one know if there is a calender on the market especialy for welding shops? If not maybe Ill start my own :p

You could put alot of good referance info in a one year calender. Not to mention some hot girls modleing welding jackets, and gear.

Joe, if you really are thinking of producing your own calendar you better prepare yourself to part with lots of cash. I was a sales rep for such things in a previous life; advertising calendars were a big part of the market & even that single-sheeter that sberry posted - without the babes & without 4 color process - is still a pricey thing. And those are pre-printed stock items so you can buy a small order of 100 or so with your company imprint added to it. A truly custom order would likely begin somewhere in the range of 50,000 items to get the cost per item down to something manageable, and they would still be expensive.

The reason that you don't see the same slick racey calendar aimed at weldors as there are directed at auto repair is the size of the market. There are a lot more grease monkeys & knuckle busters than there are Joe Wolfgangers and Stickmen. :) And them purty girls don't pose for free, the camera guys & graphic artists don't work cheap either. All those kinds of things will just about ten-thousand-dollar you to death.

wolfgangwelding
01-14-2005, 06:06 AM
Cutter I know it can be very exspensive, its kind of wishfull thinking. The same as my idea for my own welding magazine.

Shade Tree Welder
01-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey,

I would be willing to look into doing a SFT Calender for 2006. Purdy ladies and all, I need to know what you all want on it as far a technical infomation. I can put a bunch of stuff together. Also to get a 2006 calender printed and distributed and keeping the costs down you have to have everything to the printer in mid year so that leaves up six months to generate what we want.

Luc,

I know there are "photo" services out there that have libraries of pictures you can use for a fee. Do you know of some of these companies and what are the costs for some bathing beauties.

I have some other contacts I can look into.

arcdawg
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
ron, get a copy of vitorias secret and splice on some welding helmets and there you go..........cost about 50 bucks !

dawg

TheFrenchCanadian
01-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Luc,

I know there are "photo" services out there that have libraries of pictures you can use for a fee. Do you know of some of these companies and what are the costs for some bathing beauties.

I'll check into it with a couple of producers here - my Bro is a graphique arteest, so I'll see if he has any idea too...

Shade Tree Welder
01-14-2005, 07:09 PM
ron, get a copy of vitorias secret and splice on some welding helmets and there you go..........cost about 50 bucks !

dawg

That is exactly what I would expect from you Brian.

01-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Do you know of some of these companies and what are the costs for some bathing beauties..

Does that mean Beauties bathing or beauties in bathing suits?????????? :D

Shade Tree Welder
01-14-2005, 07:11 PM
I'll check into it with a couple of producers here - my Bro is a graphique arteest, so I'll see if he has any idea too...

Thanks, Luc, if that doesn't work out may we can get LN and Madam X to model for it....... (oh boy I think I just put my foot in it.....)

pjt
01-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Boys,I have some real ideas...January should have the snow bunnies in Franz's snowplow...Sberry's strawberry patch should feature the ladies picking(eating?) STRAWBERRIES. "Course, Shade Tree's shop should have some decorations featured...and of course,the girls should be polishing CUTTER'S VICE...oops, CUTTER'S VISE...I need at least a half dozen dashboard size and one wall size...Hey,

I would be willing to look into doing a SFT Calender for 2006. Purdy ladies and all, I need to know what you all want on it as far a technical infomation. I can put a bunch of stuff together. Also to get a 2006 calender printed and distributed and keeping the costs down you have to have everything to the printer in mid year so that leaves up six months to generate what we want.

Luc,

Markopolo
01-14-2005, 07:57 PM
OK guys...my feelings are kinda' hurt that yous left ME out of this calander designing project........(just 'cause I don't have a normal day job) ? :rolleyes:

Here's an idea or two, if you want to include me.... :D

Markopolo
01-14-2005, 07:57 PM
...........and another.........

cutter
01-14-2005, 08:08 PM

dawg

And get your ass sued off skinnier than mine. :D

Then me & Franz & Morpheus & Paul and Fla_Jim and ........ time out - I better print out a list right now before we lose another one. ;)

madam X
01-14-2005, 09:10 PM
I know a couple of these ladies. Since I was not a member of the group, I was not asked to appear :(

"In far eastern Maine, a group of wool spinners produced a 2003 calendar to finance a trip to Ireland and to fund breast cancer research.

The Wearing Wool calendar, which celebrated the "ancient art of spinning and the ageless beauty of women," featured 20 women between the ages of 33 and 70 who are part of a wool-spinning group. The calendar had at least two printings.

"There are tons of dog calendars and cat calendars and truck calendars, so why not?" said Donna Kausen of Addison, who is wearing only a pair of boots as she shears a sheep in the calendar. "There's no doubt it's a wonderful fund-raiser, and it's fun for the community."

Being naked to promote a good cause is the new black!

Stickman
01-14-2005, 11:24 PM
...........and another.........

Marko, maybe dieing isn't that bad after all. :D

Shade Tree Welder
01-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Marko,

I'm sorry, there is just something really wrong about that, maybe it is just me......

Scott V
01-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Marko,

I'm sorry, there is just something really wrong about that, maybe it is just me.....

Are those pictures before or after he is done working with them? If it's after then there is something wrong, but if it's before I game!!! ;)
PS- I did help my friend paint a casket in my garage. It was really nice with pearl white, ureathane clear coat,wet sanded and rubbed. I am sure big rig guy would of been impressed. I know my neighbors were!! LOL

TheFrenchCanadian
01-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Marko,

I'm sorry, there is just something really wrong about that, maybe it is just me......

What the heck, Shade, somebody's gotta test drive 'em! :)

Now, if only there was a casket made for two, we could test drive the models too!! :D

TheFrenchCanadian
01-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Hey,

Luc,

Alright guys, I spoke to my Graphique Arteest brother last night and had him give me the lowdown on getting some bathing beauty photos for a SFT calendar. I'll just cut and paste the e-mail and links he sent me, since that about says it all...

Hi Luc,

When it comes to stock photography there are really two routes to go. Royalty Free and Right Controled images. Royalty Free is your best bet, typically you pay a one time fee up front and you then own that photo no matter what you plan on doing with it or how many people are gonna see it. Rights Controled images are quite a bit more expensive, typically the company you buy the photo from will want to know what you plan on doing with the photo and how many people will see that photo. They then charge you according to estimated views of the photo. If you go the Rights Controled route expect to start at the thousand dollar mark. (Although there may be exceptions) Overall Royalty Free is the way to go.

Here is a good (and very cheap) royalty free site (I did a search for "swimsuit" and got quite a few hits):
www.istockphoto.com

Some other sites that have both Royalty Free and Rights Controled images. (Typically you can check off what you want to search in in their search forms)
www.photodisc.com
www.comstock.com

Just a note, since this is for a swimsuit calendar check their terms of use. I doubt there'd be a problem but better safe than sorry.

Later,
Pierre

So I assume they wouldn't have a problem with the terms of use, since we're not peddling land mines or electric chairs.

I had a peek at a couple of those sites, and the photos are really reasonable, like just a few dollars each. Some good "product" on there too... :rolleyes:

Anyway that's the deal with that. I tried checking with some folks here at work, but they only know of sources to buy video from... so it doesn't really apply... (unless I get to work and whip up a DVD SFT calendar... :) ) although the terms are similar.

Hope that helps a bit Shade. Have you looked into any other stuff regarding a calendar?

Shade Tree Welder
01-19-2005, 12:25 PM
...Hope that helps a bit Shade. Have you looked into any other stuff regarding a calendar?

Not yet, it is on the list.

1911man
01-19-2005, 09:17 PM
With pictures like that, I figure ol' Marko's just drummin up business :D

Franz
01-20-2005, 04:49 PM
The 2005 nude police officers calender has some nice pics, and there is even a version available for the girls, with 12 nakid male meter maids.
http://www.richstevens.com/NAKED.swf

madam X
01-20-2005, 09:56 PM
The 2005 nude police officers calender has some nice pics, and there is even a version available for the girls, with 12 nakid male meter maids.
http://www.richstevens.com/NAKED.swf

Now why am I reluctant to click on that link? :rolleyes:

Shade Tree Welder
01-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Now why am I reluctant to click on that link? :rolleyes:

Madam feel free to click on it, It is pretty tasteful.

cutter
01-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Madam feel free to click on it, It is pretty tasteful.
Not one thing off-color about it. Nothing on-color, either. ;)