PDA

View Full Version : welding lead hanger

digr
07-14-2007, 09:06 PM
These won't work for everyone but they work well in my work situation. The welder is located in the center of our blacktop plant and we have enough lead to reach anywhere on the plant. These hangers swivel in the direction you have to go and if they are looped one in front of the other when wound up you can grab the stinger and head out 150 feet without looking back. Same with the ground. Mine are made with 2"X2" angle and 1 1/2" square tube and swing off to the side when not being used.

randydupree
07-14-2007, 09:46 PM
that can't work.
its way to easy!
simple too,good job.
Randy

Brian C.
07-15-2007, 07:26 AM
That looks good.:D But, I agree with Randy. It is too simple. At our plant, by the time the engineers and planners and such got finished, it would cost megabucks and take 6 months to be installed.:(

Jeff
07-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I like that. It is too simple though.;)

digr
07-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry about being to simple but I have a simple mind. I will try to incorporate some tapered timpkin bearings and make a axle for easier turning and maybe using solid round instead of square tube and a remote control system for aiming the arm and find someone to rewind the cable.:D

moe1942
07-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Sorry about being to simple but I have a simple mind. I will try to incorporate some tapered timpkin bearings and make a axle for easier turning and maybe using solid round instead of square tube and a remote control system for aiming the arm and find someone to rewind the cable.:D

How about a couple of illegals to do the grunt work..:)

cutter
07-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I think the major deficiency is a lack of any kind of warning stickers. You got to warn the people about something.
Oh wait! I know! Install a 1 foot thick concrete fire barrier between the positive and ground leads with a huge warning sticker about the dangers of smoking and next to that, install evacuation plans for the entire facility. Then build a wire cage around the whole damned thing. Keep on until you make it all useless and the government will love it.

moe1942
07-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Where's the fire extinguisher?? Yellow stripes on the floor to indicate hazardous area. High current waring sign.

digr, OSHA's gonna bust your acorns. Good thing ya got us to help you..:)

Dave Lee
07-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Sounds like you guys all worked for DuPont at one time:rolleyes:

Dave

clive
07-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Sounds like you guys all worked for DuPont at one time:rolleyes:

Dave
DuPont's system has insidiously worked it's way around the world. Every large corporation that employs people who shouldn't be allowed in industry feels they have to protect the idiots from themselves ( did I mention litigation?) rather than have natural selection work.

Walker
07-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Then, as soon as your 2.5 mill project for welding leads is done, hire an outside contracting company to do your weldiong for you. It's the American (corporate) Way!